Monday, October 19, 2009

Stack'em up

It's Sunday at 6am 8am and my family is  waking up with a rumble in the tummy.We have to be a church at 9:15 with belly's fed or else we'll be famished by the time Sunday School rolls around. I would love to eat something warm and filling but I just don't think there is time. Maybe I will set out the milk and cereal, DRAB, DRAB, DRAB.


Does this sound like any of you out there? C'mon tell the truth... read on for "the rest of the story" (said in my Paul Harvey voice)


{Oh, but wait} What is this?!?!?!




Why it's the Pancake and Waffle mix that I whipped up the other day. HALLELUJAH, breakfast has been saved! Scroll down to find out how you can save breakfast for your family too ~smile~



Here is the base recipe: 
3 1/2 cups of flour
    you can use whole wheat
    or white (I use a mixture
    of both)
1/4 cups of sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt                         
*make sure all ingredients won't expire before you will use all of the mix





I use a big glass jar with a screw on lid. Just add everything and whisk around. I suppose that you could put the lid on and shake but I like to whisk!!




To make Pancakes:     1 cup mix
                                  1/2 cup butter milk*
                                  1/2 cup milk*
                                  1 egg*
                                  1 tablespoon melted butter*
                                  1/4 teaspoon vanilla*
                                  *whisk together first
                                 
Let batter rest for 2 minutes before cooking. Cook on medium-low on a lightly greased pan or griddle. Makes about 6 Pancakes.

To make Waffles:     1 cup mix
                               3/4 cup milk*                      
                               1 egg*
                               1 tablespoon melted butter*
                               1/4 teaspoon vanilla*
                               *whisk together first

Lightly oil the iron plates and cook until golden brown. Makes about 4 Waffles.


This recipe is one of the best I have tried for Pancakes or Waffles. You can add in wheat germ, ground flax, fresh fruit (Pancakes), etc. They whip up in no time and I feel like I am giving my family something hot and nutritious with out giving up time.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails