Sunday, February 27, 2011

{40 Weeks} & This moment in time

Well, I made it to 40 weeks...Everyone (besides me of course) said I wouldn't make it past 38 weeks! HA-I guess mother knows best. I have been enjoying my time at home resting A LOT! The car seat has been installed in the car, bags are packed and in the car complete with a change of clothes for my husband and daughter. Speaking of my dearest daughter...As soon as I found out I was pregnant she has insisted that she wants to be in the delivery room. She is 12 which some think is too young for her to be present but we feel that she is mature enough to handle the situation. My midwife, childbirth instructor, and the head nurse at the hospital are all for her being present and excited to have her there. My mother-in-law will need to be there for the duration as well just in case something comes up where my daughter would have to leave the room (i.e. just can't handle it, emergency c-section, etc). We were planning on staying at home as long a possible but with my previous c-section and after seeing the "homelike" birthing rooms we feel that being at the hospital is the best option. I have to have a pic line put in for precaution but will be allowed to have hydration by mouth unless we head to surgery. I will also need to have continuous external fetal monitoring but it's battery powered so I can move freely around the room and even soak in the jacuzzi tub. I really, really like that my midwife as well as the hospital are for natural births and vbacs. I am praying that we don't have a repeat from 12 years ago and will be able to enjoy the first hours with our new little one :) Hopefully we will meet him very soon!!! ~Jac



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails