Monday, October 22, 2012

31 Days of Autumn : Day 22-Toss out the list

I had a list of things to do today. Last night I sat down and wrote it out. It was mostly calls that needed to be made but it included a few things around here. Today I had to forget it though! I've been having contractions for a while now but nothing to worry about. I was in bed last night and while trying to get comfortable, I noticed that they were coming pretty close and were a bit stronger than usual. I started timing them about 12:30am and sure enough they were 4-5 minutes apart. I really didn't think much about it but at 1:45am I thought I'd better get up to see if moving around, eating/drinking would change them. They seemed to intensify a bit while up but they didn't stop. Phone in hand I sat downstairs wondering whether to call the hospital to page my midwife or not. I didn't think I was in true labor but not being 36 weeks yet, I would have to go to a larger hospital in the city if things did progress. About 3am I had talked myself into calling then I noticed that they were spacing out some. I decided to try to sleep and if it was truly the real thing I would not sleep through it.

I called my midwife this morning just to let them know what was going on. They wanted to see just to check things out and ended up sending me to the hospital for a NST. Everything looks good now and they are hoping I stay pregnant through Friday when I will be past 36 weeks (but really hoping for longer). I was 10 days overdue with both of my other babies but you never know. Right now I am just focusing on staying off my feet even though it doesn't seem to matter and enjoying these last few weeks pregnant :)

My list will wait for another day and I got a good lesson in "you can't always plan".

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails