Wednesday, October 3, 2012

31 Days of Autumn::Day 3 - Pumpkin Oatmeal...err...Bread


Every Wednesday morning we have to be ready to go at 8am. I have been putting oatmeal in a small crockpot that I picked up for $10 at Target. Usually we have some butter (earth-balance soy free for Gunnar), cinnamon, and maple syrup on it. Since it's fall and pumpkin everything sounds good, I thought I'd try pumpkin oatmeal. I put some pumpkin spice and pureed pumpkin along with the butter and maple syrup. I only ate about 1/2 my bowl and my little guy wouldn't eat any of his :( FAIL! You never know until you try it.

I don't like to waste anything so I saved what wasn't eaten and will add to some oatmeal bread. I will be a nice subtle flavor instead of an overpowering pumpkin flavor. Maybe I'll get to it tonight or maybe tomorrow. I'll let you know how it turns out.

To see the rest of the series visit 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails